Wednesday, June 15, 2011

You Make Me Feel Like I'm Living a Teenage Dream....

Way back in February, we learned that Katy Perry would be making a stop in NC as part of her California Dream's Tour. This was the perfect opportunity for us girlfriends to get together and go! 

Gia came up with the idea of dressing up as KP after she and I had been to the Lady Gaga concert.  I wasn't too sure about it and didn't go all out and crazy as Gia and Stacy but I did get a cupcake t-shirt, some crazy fake eyelashes and a big peacock feather for my hair.  I ordered a short hot pink bob wig but it was made for someone with a teeny tiny head and it wouldn't even cover my hair so that wasn't an option and sadly, I had to return it. That is when I decided to go with a peacock (I wanna see your PEACOCK!) inspired clip to wear in my hair instead of a wig. 

It was finally the big day! Stacy and I had arranged it so that we would drop the kids off at school, then go directly up to Erin's (who lives about an hour or so away from the venue). Gia would be leaving from Beaufort, SC around then as well (although it takes her a couple hours more to get there). Stacy and I met Erin in Fayetteville at Panera and enjoyed a nice lunch then hit up Ulta for the fake lashes (mine were AWESOME - basically they were pink feathers! So cool!) and then it was home to meet up with G and start getting ready! Gia surprised us all with lollipops and cherry chap stick tied to a string so we could all wear it as a necklace (and if you don't know what the importance of cherry chap stick is, oh well...lol) 

Here we are, in all our KP awesomeness getting ready to head out the door...
Don't we look AMAZING!?!?!  Love Gia's cupcake boobies, Stacy's awesome candy dot dress and Erin's rock-abilly purple wig!

Finally it was time to hit the road and head on up to Raleigh. Of course we couldn't help but take a ton more pictures of ourselves (especially those cupcakes!) and there were more than a couple of motorist that did a double take driving down the freeway when they spotted all of us in our wigs and outfits! 



Once we got there, we were pretty nervous about exiting our vehicle. Gia and I had told everyone how many people had dressed up in costume to go see Lady Gaga, so we just assumed it would be much of the same here. We were wrong! We didn't see one person as we were driving in, wearing any sort of costume. Eventually we braved it and got out of the car and we were almost immediately asked to have our pictures taken! It was AMAZING!
Our first fan asking to get a picture of us girls. Stacy asked her to email her the pic and she kindly did!

We make it to our seats, which are not bad at all and finally sit down and wait for the show to start. It was time to get this party started!

All of us getting a few shots in before the show starts...




A few of shots from the show...






The concert was AMAZING!  KP is so adorable and the concert was cute, funny, hilarious and totally rocked!

But, I'm not gonna lie when I say that when the evening ended and we all headed back to Erin's house around 1am to eat bean dip and chit chat, I was a little sad it was ending. With everyone going their separate ways (Erin and Gia are both so far away and Stacy will be leaving in May 2012), I'm not sure when we'll be able to all be together again like this. Makes me kinda sad...

And on that HAPPY note, I'm gonna leave you with one of the best pics of the night.....Gia in the ladies room (they turned some of the men's restrooms into ladies restrooms because they knew there would be a lot more girls at the concert than guys) and she just couldn't resist a picture at the urinal!


No comments: