Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Volunteer Appreciation Brunch

I was invited to the Volunteer Appreciation Brunch at the New River Officers' Club today for my "volunteer" work with H&HS.  I honestly do not feel as if I deserved an invitation much less that I should attend because I have not done very much for H&HS.  I've attended events and planning meetings and helped out when asked but that's about it.  But I truly appreciated the invitation and felt honored to be included.  Dave was also invited as the XO of the squadron so it was nice to be able to meet him there.  There was a very short speech by the guest speaker, Mrs. Vicki Thacker, who is the spouse of an active duty marine, mom, dental tech and volunteer with thousands of hours of volunteer work.  What an inspiration she is!  Following Mrs. Thacker's speech was the presentation of awards to volunteers who went above and beyond and then of course, good food!  

No comments: