Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Gourmet Club Goodies

Today was the last Gourmet Club luncheon of the year and I was not able to attend because I was at the Volunteer Appreciation Brunch at MCAS New River.  Remember earlier, when I said that I was involved in so much this year that I didn't think I did any of it well?  This is just another example of being stretched too thin and having too many things going on.  I went to the Volunteer Appreciation Brunch even though I didn't feel I was deserving of it only to come home and find these gifts left at my door.  I participated in Gourmet Club this year even though I missed two luncheons (one because I was sick and the other when we were at Disney) and I was the Co-Treasurer.  Every member of Gourmet Club received a gift.  The first year members received the much coveted Gourmet Club apron and the 2+  year members received this beautiful wood cutting board with "OWC Gourmet Club Camp Lejeune, NC" etched into it.  And because I was Co-Treasurer, Madeline, the most Awesome Gourmet Club President, gave each of us a baking stone, cookbook and bottle of homemade vanilla!  I was so excited and happy to get all of this!  I hate that I was not able to attend all of the luncheons including today's since it was supposedly so fabulous and I'm still debating on whether or not to be in Gourmet Club next year.  I'm so torn!  But I would like to give a huge thanks to Madeline who has run this club for a few years now and sadly will be leaving us this summer.  She has done an AMAZING job and it is definitely not one that I would want to undertake but my very good friend, Stacy, has decided to take on the reins and fill Madeline's shoes and she too will be an AMAZING Gourmet Club President.  Cheers to you both!



2 comments:

Stacy said...

You know you'll be kicking yourself if you don't sign up to be in it next year. Might as well just resign yourself that you'll be part of it again next year. ;)

Cherie said...

Hi Jill,
Yes...we finally moved after 7 years in Hampton! Can you believe that? We enjoyed the time we lived there but new it would be a great adventure to come to Alaska for a few years. We are getting settled and the kids love it here already! Looks like you are involved in a lot of fun and great activities. I love the cutting board. How have you guys been? How much longer does Dave have in the military? For some reason I thought you were almost close to retirement?? Maybe not.. Anyway I hope all is well and that you had a wonderful Mother's Day.
Cherie