Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fool's Day

I knew that today was April 1st but really didn't even think about it being April Fool's Day until I saw a post on facebook this morning from a friend that said "wedded bliss".  I thought to myself, wait a minute, A isn't married.  Is she getting married?  So, I immediately commented on her post and asked her if she was getting married.  She wrote back and said that D keeps asking her and she has a hard time saying no.  I immediately checked out the profile of they guy that asked her and asked if she was engaged.  She hasn't responded yet but someone else commented and said, "come on people, it's April Fools"!  It never even crossed my mind that A could be joking and fooling us all because it's April Fools Day.  What can I say?  I'm gullible.  I always have been and probably always will be.

Then another friend posted about sending her prankster kids to school this morning and all the things that they had already done to her this morning....like putting salt, pepper and hot sauce in her coffee, taping the sprayer closed at the kitchen sink and those kinds of things.  Her kids are about the same ages as mine, maybe just a little older and Grace and Zach have no idea that today is April 1st, also known as April Fools Day.  Are my kids missing out because we don't "celebrate" April Fools Day by playing jokes on people?  I just don't think about it.  What about you?  Are you a big prankster on April Fools Day?

No comments: