Friday, March 25, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In

milspouse-friday-fill-in.jpgI've been reading several blogs lately that are doing this Milspouse Friday Fill-In and I decided to do it today.  It was started by Wife of a Sailor and she posts new questions each week.  It's a great way to get to know a little more about someone.  So here goes.....

1. What is your must have gadget? (submitted by Flying High With My Flyboy) Most definitely my iPhone.  Sometimes I feel as if it is another appendage to my body and I feel completely lost without it.  

2. How does your adulthood compare to what you imagined it would be like when you were a little kid? (submitted by L to the Third) As a child, I pictured myself as very career oriented.  After all, I was planning on going to law school and after practicing law for a bit I was going to be a judge.  I'm sure I figured that I would get married and I also planned on adopting two children rather than having my own.  And that is completely different from who I am today.  I am a very happily married, stay at home mom to two beautiful kids who are biologically mine.  I went to college and became a paralegal with the intent of still going to law school but that was forever changed when I met and fell in love with a pilot in the USMC.  And I have no regrets.

3. What is your favorite chocolate recipe? (submitted by Our First Deployment) My favorite chocolate recipe is something that my sister would make for me every time I would come visit her when I was in college.  I've seen it called different things but it's basically a crust made out of crushed pecans, butter and flour and is layered with chocolate pudding and a cream cheese mixture layer and topped with a layer of whipped cream and powdered sugar.  It's deeeelish!

4. How do you deal with military life when it gets to be to much or to hard? (submitted by Combat Boots And Pointe Shoes)   Just keep calm and carry on!  No, seriously, it is what it is and I knew when I married my husband that he was in the military and would deploy and all of those things that go along with it.  You just have to suck it up and deal with it no matter how hard it may be.  

5. What piece of advice would you give a new Military spouse facing their first deployment? (submitted by The Albrecht Squad) Stay busy!  Keeping yourself busy whether it is with a job, your family, kids, friends, squadron, community or hobby helps to take your mind off things.  And before you know it, you will be on the downhill stretch and think "oh no, I need more time to prepare for his homecoming!".

      No comments: