Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Book Club

My monthly book club meets in the morning.  We just finished reading and will be discussing The Last Child by John Hart.  I highly recommend this book if you haven't read it.  You will not want to lay it down so it is definitely a quick read and a page turner!  I can't wait to discuss it in the morning with everyone.

The books that we are going to be choosing from to read next are Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand, The Devil in Pew Number Seven by Rebecca Nichols Alonzo and Leaving Mother Lake: A Girlhood at the Edge of the World by Yang Erche Namu.  Have you read any of these?  If so, what are your thoughts and which one would you recommend?  Leave me a comment and let me know.

3 comments:

Name: The Bryant Family said...

I haven't read any of the books but I"m putting them on my list now. :-)
The one that caught my eye the most is Leaving Mother Lake: A Girlhood at the Edge of the World by Yang Erche Namu. Thanks for the tips! :-)

Ellis Family said...

LOVED The Last Child and THANK YOU for lending it to me on my nookie! MUAH! xoxoxox

Holly said...

I used to be in book club and loved it...now I am at a loss for new books...these sound intriguing.