Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Siblings

These pictures make me smile.  Grace and Zachary are both getting so big and growing up so fast.  And most of the time, they play so well together.  Grace looks after her little brother like no one else and they both truly love and cherish each other.  

This afternoon I glanced out the window to check on them and saw them in the tree.  They had climbed up and were just hanging out talking.  I loved how they looked with each other so I had to go out and snap some pictures.  I love seeing them together like this.  Now, don't get my wrong.  They still fight like most siblings do but for the most part they get along very well.  They are exactly 2 1/2 years apart and once that seemed like a big age gap but as they are getting older, that gap seems to be closing.  My wish for them is that they grow up together, loving each other, looking after each other and being the best of friends.  And I hope that friendship continues for the rest of their lives.

Siblings are a wonderful thing to have.  I have an older sister, Kerry.  She is 5 years older than me.  Growing up, we didn't get along so well and we fought, a lot!  We fought over important things like who had more room in the bed or in the backseat of the car and we fought over silly things, like green mood lipstick.  I think there was such a big age difference with us that we were never on the same level like Grace and Zachary might be one day.  But then Kerry went off to college and we started becoming friends.  Even though we were farther apart, we grew closer together and by the time I graduated from college, she was one of my very best friends.  And now, as we are both in our 40's (can't believe I can say that and it's actually true), with two kids each of our own and living several hundred miles apart, she is still my friend.  We don't talk on the phone as much as we once did (I hate talking on the phone to anyone) but we are connected through email and facebook and the phone when we do talk.  So Kerry, I know I haven't told you today and I don't know if I told you yesterday, but I love you.  I'm glad to have you as my sister and my friend!




1 comment:

Stacy said...

Awww! Seriously Jill! So sweet! Both your kids and your love for you sister.