Friday, February 4, 2011

My Thoughts

I started this blog as a way to keep friends and family close to our hearts by letting them see what we were doing on an everyday basis.  Sometimes it's interesting, sometimes it's not.  And I know that I have fallen behind in my blog posts.  It's just so hard with the holidays, trying to download the pictures from the camera, get them edited, get them uploaded into my blog and then write about it.  Do you have any idea how many pictures we took on Christmas morning?  It took FOREVER to edit them all and I still haven't selected which ones I'm going to put on the blog.  Then we went to Disney and took about 2,000 pictures there.  Yes, you did read that right.  2,000 pictures.  Insane I know.  I have finally gotten them off the camera onto my computer but still haven't edited them so it's going to be a little while before my blog gets up to date.

But that's not why I'm here.   I'm rambling.  There are many days that I think of something that I think, "oh I should blog about that" but then I don't because I think that it's not about the family or what we are doing or that no one really cares what I think about so and so.  But I think I'm going to start doing it anyway.  This is my blog.  Yes, I started it so that you could get a glimpse into our everyday life and I'm still going to do that.  But I'm also going to be writing some of my thoughts.  They might be good, they might be bad.  You might agree with me and you might not.  Doesn't really matter to me because this is my blog and if I want to write about something that is a pet peeve of mine, I can.  You don't have to read it if you don't want to.  Don't get me wrong.  I would love for you to read it.  I would love for you to read it and then leave me a comment letting me know what your thoughts are but you don't have to.  Basically, I'm just giving you a heads up that not all posts will be about the kids and the family and some event that we did or went to.  Some posts are just going to be me....sharing....talking....rambling.....complaining.  Who knows?

I hope you will come back to see what I might be sharing.

4 comments:

Name: The Bryant Family said...

what do you use to edit your photos?

Stacy said...

Rock on Jilly!! So what's gonna be your first pet peeve you're gonna write about? Does it have anything to do with cellular etiquette? lol

Renee said...

WHO CARES!!!! Ok, j/k. I think it's a great idea, especially if you also slurp (whatever that crap is) it and keep it for future generations to read. AWESOME
So yeah, what do you use for editing? I'm SLOWLY diving into my Photoshop CS3 that has and is still intimidating me. Before that, I used Picasa or the software that came with my precious.

McDancer said...

Sounds great to me, who says you only have to blog about certain things. Good luck blogging about a plethora of things!