Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

A few years ago I started a tradition of making Christmas cookies with the kids.  If you know me, then you know I really don't cook which includes baking.   But every now and then I will put forth the effort but I just ran out of time this year.  We didn't get home from AL till late last night so instead of making Christmas cookies this year, I cheated and bought slice and bake cookies.  I tried to make it as special as I could for the kids though so we pulled out the sprinkles and decorations and they decorated those pre-made Snowman cookies like you wouldn't believe.

After we made cookies, it was time to continue on with another tradition that we started a few years ago. We open one gift on Christmas Eve and it's always new pajamas.  Dave of course knows what to expect and I think Grace has finally caught on but Zachary was saying, "I bet it's Lego's" or "I bet it's an action figure".  But even though he didn't realize it was going to be pajamas, he wasn't disappointed when he opened his present.

We all cuddled up on the couch and read Twas the Night Before Christmas before going outside and sprinkling the reindeer food.  Then we set out the cookies and milk for Santa and then it was time for the kids to head to bed and dream about sugar-plums.  Zachary went to sleep quickly as he always does but not Grace!  She was up and down for awhile which meant a late night for me! 

No comments: