Wednesday, November 10, 2010

You Say It's Your Birthday, It's My Birthday Too!

Today is my birthday and it's a BIG one...the BIG 40!  But this is not about me or my birthday (that will be a little later).  This is about another birthday that is today.  Today is the 235th birthday of the United States Marine Corps.  When Grace and Zachary wished me a happy birthday this morning, I also reminded them that they needed to wish Daddy a Happy Birthday because it was the Marine Corps birthday as well.  
We always joke that Dave can never forget my birthday and that I have a big Ball on my birthday as well but the Marine Corps Birthday is about so  much more than a birthday ball, even though that is a great time!

Today is a day that we need to celebrate the service that so many have given their country and it's a day to reflect on those who have lost their lives serving their country.  I am so proud of Dave and the fact that he is a Marine.  I am proud of the sacrifices that he has made and that he is a part of this unique brotherhood whose motto is Semper Fidelis.

Here is this year's birthday message from
General James F. Amos,
Commandant of the USMC
and
Sgt Maj Carlton W. Kent,
Sergeant Major of the USMC.
Please take a few minutes to watch this video.
Happy Birthday Dave and to all other past and present Marines! 
Ooh-Rah!


No comments: