Friday, September 24, 2010

Ben and Katie

I just stumbled across a blog of a couple named Ben and Katie.  Ben was in the army and in August 2009, they were on their way to dinner together when they were involved in an automobile accident.  Katie was injured but in stable condition but Ben's injuries were life threatening and he was in a medically induced coma.

I just spent way too much time reading their entire blog and was so moved by her compassion, devotion and love for her husband that I wanted to share it with all of you.  Life is so short and we never know what may happen to change the way we live forever.  Take a little time and read about Ben and Katie's story and then say a prayer for them and for his recovery.



This post of hers particularly moved me and and makes me wish that Dave were home right now instead of flying so that I could hug him and tell him how much I love him.


Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A peek into my heart...


150th post!

A few ramblings from my heart...
I miss my man and what he was before the accident. He is still my Ben, my husband but things have changed for this season of our lives. Nobody can know what I am going through unless you have been in my shoes in some way. I just miss my husband and my best friend...plain and simple! I miss being protected by Ben, adored by Ben, challenged and taught. I cannot just jump in the car with Ben to go on a date, run errands or go work out...those times I believe will return but they are not there now!
One of the biggest things that I think I miss is his attention and his affirmation. I get to tell him all day long that I am proud of him, that he is doing a good job, he is awesome in all he does, he is a good man and husband and go up and hug and kiss him any time I want to! I don't get this anymore and I miss it so much! I never did ignore when Ben did this before but I didn't value it in the way that I would if I knew I wouldn't get it for a long time! I long for Ben's encouragement, his love and his passion for life! I will say that I got my first commment from him as his wife the other day. I put his blankets in the dryer to warm them up (do this a few times a week) and a few days ago when I put them on Ben he said, "you are the best wife!" I was bursting at the seams! He doesn't know how much I needed this!
One thing that does inspire me so much and gives me strength is that Ben never gives up. He is one strong man. Yes, he has stated that he wants to leave the hospital and go home but never has said he will give up or surrender! You think I am strong...just guess where I get a huge part of my strength besides the Lord!! Ben is amazing!
I am committed to my Ben, I am in love (more and more each day) with my Ben and I will be with Ben until literally death takes us apart! Ben is my soulmate, best friend and nothing can take us apart!
So, if you are married, do Ben and I a huge favor...love each other! Love each other like you have never loved before! Show each other that love by putting aside your own needs and take care of the one you love. Wives, respect your husbands...don't pull them down or shoot down their character. Husbands, love your wives. Not just in the "love" kind of way but in a way that shows you adore her and her alone! Love best motivates a woman and respect most powerfully motivates a man. Hold each other tight and thank the Lord for all He has blessed you with!

No comments: