Tuesday, June 15, 2010

It's That Time Once Again

It's that time once again to say goodbye, or as we like to say, it's NOT goodbye but instead it's "see ya later".  Another two of my good friends are moving this week.  Renee leaves Wednesday or her way to head out to Portland, Oregon and Stacey leaves on Friday for Bahrain.  I'm amazed that we were able to find a time this close to their departure that we were all able to get together but we did.  We all met at Yana's in Swansboro this morning for a deeeelish "see ya later" breakfast.  And boy was it good!  They have these things called Fritters and Kristy was the only one that had ever had them.  She ordered one of each of them for us all to share - apple, peach, banana and strawberry.  I was thinking it would be something that we would all get maybe one bite of but no!  They brought out these huge bowls of fruit fitters piled on top of each other.  They were little pieces of fruit fried in a dough similar to funnel cake, then topped with powdered sugar and just a dollop of whip cream.  They were amazing, especially, the banana one.  That was definitely my favorite.  I couldn't remotely eat all of my Western Omelet after sampling all of the fruit fritters.  They definitely need to be something that you order every time you go there.  

While we were eating our fritters and waiting on the rest of our breakfast, we gave them their "See Ya Later" gifts, a piece of pottery with Camp Lejeune on it.  I received one of these when we left Camp Lejeune back in 2001 from my good friend Karen Houting and I still treasure it to this day so I thought it would be a good parting gift for Renee and Stacey as well.  

We had so much fun, eating, laughing, talking and being loud.  Everyone kept asking us what we were celebrating.  And of course, I told everyone that they had to go to the bathroom before they left.  If you've never been to Yana's, the girls bathroom is filled with pictures of Elvis and there is a life size Elvis that will talk to you.  Renee made me go to the bathroom with her because the last time we were there, Elvis did not talk for her and Gia and they thought I was going crazy when I asked them if he talked to them.  So, I proved her wrong and we both got our picture made with the King...in the bathroom.

Then of course, there were a few tears as we all hugged and said our "see ya laters" and went our separate ways.  Be safe Renee and Stacey, keep in touch, start your own blogs and I'll see you again one day.  
The guests of honor, Renee and Stacey

The Girls! (with Sean, Renee's son, and Zach)
Heidi (she'll be leaving next) and Renee
Karen
Jennie
Heidi
Stacy
Kristy
Sean
Renee
Stacey
George, aka Georgie, Stacey's adorable baby!

Zach
Grace
Renee and Stacey opening their gifts

Georgie LOVED the fritters!  He couldn't get enough of them.

Mmmmmm....Fritters

Mmmmm...those Fritters were good!

George thought so too!

Isn't he adorable?
Renee in the bathroom with the King
Me with the king
Saying our "see ya laters"
Hugs all around


Renee and me
Renee and Stacy
Zachary and Grace with the King
Jill and Renee

1 comment:

Jesse and Marissa said...

I hate leaving people too....Or having people leave! But it looks like you had a great last meal with them...at a great restaurant with great food!!!