Thursday, June 24, 2010

H&HS Change of Command

Headquarters and Headquarters Squadron's Change of Command was today at MCAS New River.  Dave was the Commander of Troops so I brought Grace and Zachary with me so that they could see the ceremony.  Dave had told them they would see a parade so Zachary had in his mind a parade with floats and bands and that sort of thing.  He kept whispering and asking me when the parade was going to start and I kept telling him, "this is the parade".  It wasn't quite what he had in mind. 
It was a scorcher of a day!  I was drenched with sweat by the time it was over and held an ice cold water bottle to the back of my neck pretty much during the entire ceremony.  Here are Grace and Zachary trying to cool off before it even started.  Thank goodness there was a breeze!
Dave explaining to the kids what he will be doing.

Transfer of Colors between Lt Col Woodward and Lt Col Wise

Pass In Review

No comments: