Thursday, April 29, 2010

Zach's Aquarium Field Trip


Today Zach's class and the rest of all the Frog Teams went to the Pine Knoll Shores Aquarium.  They loaded up the busses around 9 a.m. and I met them there.  We had a picnic lunch when we first got there and were also treated to a great presentation about sea turtles.  As soon as that was over, the kids were raring to go out and explore and see all the different marine life.  Each chaperone was responsible for 4 students - I had Zachary, Wathen, Alexis and Isaiah  R. in my group.  It was hard to get them to stay together and keep track of them all day long but I managed.  I really don't see how teachers do it.  I definitely don't have what it takes.    But everyone seemed to have a great time!

Zach, Andrew and Jimmy in class before the field trip

At the picnic lunch

Mia and Ellie

Wathen, Zach and Andrew

My group - Wathen, Zach, Isaiah R. and Alexis



My friend Stacy and George.  Check out her shirt.  And yes, we are still friends even if she is a right wing radical.  (Love ya StacEy!)

Mrs. Rutledge with her class



Ellie and Mia's moms were trying to get a picture of the girls that were sitting there and before we knew it, Zachary snuck over and grinned from ear to ear.  He's such a stinker!

Alexis and Zach at the turtle presentation





The kids got to go up one by one and pet a live sea turtle!



Touching the stingrays was definitely a hit!




















They were all amazed at the big tank with the sharks, even Zach, who has been there so many times!





I love the little sea horses!



Getting back on the bus to head back to school!

1 comment:

Giaellis2 said...

Hey Jilly - I was just getting allllllll caught up on your blog and decided to comment here. Love your new haircut! Soooooo excited for you to get your new vintage pearl necklace! Can't wait to see! Also, I can't believe I've only been gone a month and Zach looks OLDER to me! In every pic I swear he's a spittin image of Dave!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! Miss you lots! MUAH! xoxoxoxo