Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Until Next Time

Yesterday, my friends Stacy and Renee and I threw a 'Going Away Brunch" for our favorite girls - Gia and Erin.  Both of them will be moving soon. Gia down to Parris Island, SC and Erin over to Fayetteville, NC.

This fun started out with Stacy, Renee and I having a few secret meetings to discuss details such as menu and gifts. As a final goodbye gift, Stacy and I have been working on a photo book of Erin's and Gia's time here with friends. We sent emails out to everyone to send us any pictures with the girls in them. We were going to give it to them at the party but Stacy mentioned how great it would be to make the going away be the final chapter in the book. I suggested that we have everyone dress in Black and White (or Grey), so that the pictures look FANTASTIC. Which of course, they were. It was a plan! Also, Renee and Stacy went and ordered corsages for the girls to wear on their special day.

Here's Stacy and I prepping for the brunch. We had Baked French Toast, Sausage Pinwheels, Ham & Cheese Casserole, Quiche, Fruit Salad, Creme Puffs, Chocolate Cake, and a delish Boston Creme Dessert that Karen brought over. Of course there were Mimosa's, Wine, Sweet Tea, Water and Coffee.



Here are Stacy and I pinning the corsages on to our best girls.



Why do they have to make these so hard to pin? 
The Guests of Honor with their corsages....
Kissy-kissy!
From L to R: Jennie, Heidi and Cathy partaking of the yummy goodness!
Stacy, Erin and G all digging in.

The whole gang (except for me because I was taking the picture)!

Baby George (so cute!), StacEy and Erin
Gia with StacEy and Georgie...

Jennie just loves it when people invade her personal space. So Gia does it whenever she can!

Karen and her GORGEOUS flower she made, complete with vintage brooch. You can find her designs for sale here: The Bead Babe.

Whatever someone was saying must of been very interesting!

My BffF....
G, Erin and Stacy.... What was so funny about this picture is that they were all standing around talking and as soon as I grabbed the camera, I didn't have to say a word, they just turned around and posed!

Erin and Stacy.....

Jill and Erin....
Hanging around...eating....chatting...what we do best.

'English' Ellen telling us some good tales in her AWESOME British voice of hers. I don't care what she has to say, I could listen to her talk ALL day.





Gia loves Stacy's Baked French Toast so much she couldn't hardly wait to dig in!!!


Jennie.....
Karen.....
Cathy....
Heidi.....
Amber.....
Amber, G and Michele
Amy......
Me.....
Erin.....
Trouble makers: Heidi, Jennie and Stacy
Curl Sisters: Renee and G. When you put them together, you just don't know where one curl starts and the other ends.
Gia, invading Jennie's space again. (This time, I think she likes it though!)
Gia and Stacy....

Gia and Karen.....

Jill and Erin......
Gia, Amber and Michele......

Gia and me.....
Jill, Gia and Erin......

Gia and Brandy.....

The Fab Five!

And finally, a few group shots of us all.....

Blowing kisses.....

Striking our 'Carol' pose..... 
('Carol' is our code word for the type of wife who wears her gloves and pearls everyday. Who, whenever she sees or hears anything inappropriate says, "Oh my!" "Well, I never!")

After everyone had left, Gia had a little surprise of her own.  She presented Erin, Stacy, Renee and me with a little white box.  Inside was a "C" magnet that she had decoupaged herself and put pearls on!  Now we all have our very own "C for Carol" magnet to remember Gia by.  Renee and I got "it" immediately.  It took Erin and Stacy a few seconds but when they did, we ALL had a good laugh.  Thanks G!



As for the party, we kept everything upbeat and light. No tears allowed! But there was a moment in the kitchen when I almost lost it.  I thought this would be the last time that this exact group would be together like this.  And it made me sad.....very sad.

Military life is hard. You constantly have to put yourself out there to make new friends and when you find those friends, you become such good friends because you know that you all only have so much time together. I have been BLESSED to have these women in my life. In a few months, the group picture above will be cut down by about half. Most of them will be moving on to different chapters in their lives. My friendships are bittersweet. But I am so thankful for them. Gia is leaving this Thursday and Erin a few weeks later.

So this is NOT goodbye, but an 'until next time'.....

Love you all.



2 comments:

Writing Without Periods! said...

Many great things: photos, food, fun, and a sense of humor. Love this post.
Mary

Ellis Family said...

Seriously, This was the BEST party ever! Everything was amazing...........in TRUE Jill form! You and Renee and Stacy were so great to do this and made it so special! I could NEVER forget my time at LeJeune and most importantly, you guys. I LOVE all your pics and I think I'm going to steal the whole blog post for my own :) I LOVE YOU JILLY BEAN! Thank you for everything ;)