Thursday, April 15, 2010

Moving Day for the Ellis'

Today was the big moving day for Gia and her family.  They did a ditty move (do it yourself) instead of having TMO move them and Dave went over and helped them pack the truck while I was at Gourmet Club.  I stopped by our house to change clothes after lunch and Dave was here.  He had helped load all he could because they filled one truck and were out of room.  That is a whole other story in itself though and hopefully Gia will blog all about their moving experience.  Anyway, I went over to see if I could help her clean or anything because housing was coming to do their inspection at 3:30.  When I got there, she had almost everything done except for getting that last bit of stuff on a second truck so we all just hung out and talked and helped when we could.  

Grace and Zachary came home from school with Ethan and Ava and just about every neighborhood kid came over at some point as well to say their goodbyes.


Ethan, Zachary Stowe,  Sean Miles and Zach

Gia, Jill and Renee
Zach thought the moving truck was so cool!

Kate Quiroz (with bunny ears courtesy of Zachary), Amy Nicodemus, Gia, Renee and me

Ethan, Sean, Mike, Grace, Zach, Ava, Kate's son, and Amy's son


Gia and I both had something for each other and the kids had gifts for each other.  We didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings so after they got everything loaded and the house locked up, they came over to our  house for just a few minutes before pulling out of town.  Grace and Zachary both got FurReal Friends from Ava and Ethan and Gia gave me a photo book of some of our fun times together, a framed picture of the two of us and a bangle friendship bracelet.  On the bracelet is this poem engraved:

Friend

A friend is someone
we turn to when our spirits need a lift.
A friend is someone
we treasure for our friendship is a gift.
A friend is someone who fills
our lives with beauty, joy and grace.
And makes the whole world
we live in a better and happier place.

Of course I started crying as soon as I opened the photo book, then cried a little more when I saw the framed picture of us.  But when I saw the bracelet and read the poem, I started bawling like a baby.  I have said goodbye to so  many good friends through the years and it never gets any easier.  But not only is Gia my best friend, Ava and Ethan are Grace and Zachary's best friends so it's hard to see them have to say goodbye as well.  But Gia and I promised each other that this was not really goodbye but instead a "see ya later" because we ARE going to stay in touch and our families will visit each other.



Best Friends!


If you know Gia, you know that she is not a crier.  In all the time that we have been friends I think I have only ever seen her really cry one other time.  When she, Renee and I went to see Remember Me, she sat in between us and didn't shed a tear.  She just passed out kleenexes to Renee and me who were both crying.  And even though she didn't cry as much as I did, she still shed a few tears standing in my kitchen this afternoon.....But evidently, when she got in her car and left my house she lost it.  She went back over to Renee's house to  meet up with Jason and head out from there and Renee texted me this picture and said "this just walked up to my house".  You might not be able to tell but Gia had been crying and this is her "horrible cry picture".   I'm just glad I could evoke some emotion out of you G!

Seriously though, Gia is a dear friend.  Even though we have only known each other for a year and a half or so, it feels like we have known each other for forever.  We became so close in such a short time.  She has been a good friend to me in the best of times and in the worst of times but she has always been there for me.  She is one of the funniest and craziest persons that I know and you can guarantee that if she is around, you will have a good time.  You can't help but laugh when you are with her.   One of the things that I love about Gia is "she is who she is".  She is the same person no matter who she is around and I love that.  She doesn't put on a show for people.  And not only is she beautiful on the outside but on the inside as well.  She is such a loyal friend and if you need her and she can help you, she will, no matter what it is.   I'm going to miss you Gia but like we said, this isn't goodbye but instead..............

See ya later! 

3 comments:

Amber said...

:(

Charlene said...

What a great post! She really does sound like such a great friend. It's so hard finding friends like that...hopefully you two will get to see each other again some day.

Thanks for the follow and the comment love ;) I followed you back!

Ellis Family said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm JUST NOW seeing this!!!!!!!! First of all, the last pic of me is HORRID and I was trying to pretend I wasn't crying by "smiling" threw it and it came out like this! GROSS!!!!!!!! Thanks a lot Renee for texting this pic and to you for posting it! UGH! ;) I did lose it though! :( I lost it on Seth Williams and when I got out of the truck at Renee's they could tell and when they gave me the "Poor thing" face, I REALLY lost it. Everything you said was sooooo sweet Jilly! It seems like we've known each other forever which just goes to show it's about the quality not quantity of time we knew each other. With some people you just click. If you were a dude, I'd marry you! LOL I love you tons and tons and I wanted to convey that in your bracelet, so I'm glad you liked it. I've only been gone a month, but it seems like forever already. I miss you dearly! I can't wait to see you again! DISNEY.......here we come!!! :) MUAH! xoxoxoxoxo