Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Earth Day

Happy Earth Day!  If you don't know it, today is Earth Day.  Earth Day is a day designed to inspire awareness and appreciation for the Earth's environment. It was founded by U.S. Senator Gaylord Nelson as an environmental teach-in held on April 22, 1970.  Everyday should be earth day where we all try to do our part is protecting and saving our earth but Earth Day 2010 is a pivotal opportunity for individuals, corporations and governments to join together and create a global green economy.

I try to help out and be environmentally conscious.  We recycle pretty much everything that I think is recyclable.  I have all my little green reusable grocery bags that I use every time I go to the commissary so no more plastic bags!  We have stopped buying bottled water and we now use our Brita pitcher and refill our own bottle that we use over and over again.  Our entire family is trying to be  more conscientious about electricity and making sure we are turning lights off when we leave a room.  This may not be allot but I'm guessing that every little bit helps.

What are you doing to save our Earth?  Are you doing anything special for Earth Day?  Leave a comment; I would love to hear about it.

2 comments:

He Who Laughs Last said...

I'm stalking your blog and love it! I just wrote an article today on being green, only in a different light! Check it out...

Thanks for stopping by my blog on my SITS feature day!

He Who Laughs Last said...

I'm stalking your blog and love it! I just wrote an article today on being green, only in a different light! Check it out...

Thanks for stopping by my blog on my SITS feature day!