Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Me and My OCD Tendencies

Some of you may know that I have OCD tendencies.  I DO NOT have OCD, just some of the tendencies.  One thing that I am very bad about is when I want something, I want it NOW.  I do not like to wait for things.  If there is something that needs to be done, I want it done right then.  It drives me crazy if "it" is not done or fixed right away.  It can be the smallest thing or the biggest thing; it just needs to be done NOW!

My latest hang-up has been with my blog.  I discovered that there was a way to make the pictures appear bigger on the blog posts.  I wanted mine done this way.  When I finally figured out how to enlarge them and actually posted them, half of the picture would be cut off because of the 'blog layout' or the html codes.  Now, I know nothing about computers or computer programming or html codes or any of that stuff.  But I am pretty good at putting my mind to something and figuring it out.  So, I started playing around with my blog and Saturday night, I screwed it all up.  It looked terrible!  Dave wanted me to just put it away and come to bed but I knew that there was a slim chance that somebody might actually look at the blog and I could not have it looking like it did.  I worked on it for a little while and fixed the bare minimum.  It most definitely was not where I wanted it to be but it would do for that night.  I ended up spending every free minute on the computer researching blog layouts and html codes and that sort of stuff.  I spent most of the day yesterday doing the same thing and finally at about 2:20 yesterday afternoon, I figured it out!  I was so proud of myself.  I spent some more time last  night and this morning tweaking it but right now I am pleased with the look and I didn't pay someone $75-$125 to design my blog.  I did it all by myself!!!!!  And this has kind of sparked a new interest for me and I am actually considering taking a computer class to learn more about html codes and blog design and that sort of thing.  Who knows?  Maybe one day I will have figured it all out and I can be one of those persons that designs blog layouts and charge anywhere from $75-$125 to do it.  Hmmmmm....................

8 comments:

Michelle said...

I think you would be a fabulous blog designer! I think it's way cool that you figure all those html things out! I've got those same OCD tendencies, but I also have ADD tendencies, and get frustrated with it and just pay someone to fix it!! -LOL

Stacy said...

Your blog is ADORABLE!! How did you do your signature? I think I may have to steal that idea. So cute!!! Jill, you're where I get most of my blog inspiration anyway... you might as well go for it. You'd be a force to be reckoned with!

Jill said...

Thanks girls! It was fun and a headache at the same time. Stacy, I can show you how to do your signature or if you want, I can do one for you as practice.

Giaellis2 said...

VERY NICE! I am so proud of you! I could never do it! DAMN JILL! :) That was a fun day yesterday! Thanks for the fried chk, slurp party and poop race (that I won) LOL ;)

Everyday Mom Ideas said...

I’m not very computer savvy myself. And I’m always having days like this. So I can relate to the whole frustration. But wow does it feel good when you figure it out!
Visiting from SITS

Julia Writer said...

I love the way your blog is laid out. Very pretty but 'clean looking' too!

Cherie said...

Yeah!! You did it and it looks wonderful!!! I was just going to get on here and tell you that I was not able to figure out the HTML code thingy's and so I begged a good friend of mine to do it for me. So therefore I would be of no useful help to you I am ashamed to admit....but you figured it out and it really looks great! I might be asking for your help in the future.

Dalia (Generation X Mom) said...

Awesome! There are lots of things I want to do to mine but am very hesitant because the last time I did I ended up spending all night trying to fix it! I figure leave well enough alone! Great job!