Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Dead Dolphin Adventure

Today, my friend Jessica, posted on facebook that she had found and touched a 4 1/2 foot dead dolphin practically in her backyard.  I had to know where this was so I immediately texted her and asked her about it.  Grace and Zach were dying to go see it but for some unknown and rude reason, Jessica didn't respond to my text until like HOURS later!  When she did FINALLY respond, she told me where it was located so I loaded up the kids and we went dead dolphin hunting.  This is what we saw when we first walked up to the river.......


Dave thinks Jessica is a little crazy so he didn't know whether to believe the post about the dead dolphin or not so he didn't go with us but wanted me to call him if in fact we did find a dead dolphin.  So, I did and he hopped in his car and came down and met us.  When he got there, he found me standing on top of that tree that you can see above the dolphin in the two pictures above, trying to get this picture.......





Poor dolphin.  We don't know what killed it but it definitely looked like it had been there for awhile.  Grace was kind of freaked out about the whole area but Zachary thought it was cool and wanted to touch it soooo bad.  Don't worry Mom, I didn't let him.  That was our adventure for today.

3 comments:

Name: The Bryant Family said...

to me it looks like a baby and that maybe it was hit by a boat propellerr. I read that baby bottlenose dolphins are around 3.5-4 feet at birth and that they don't begin eating fish until they are 4-5 feet long. just a little librarian info for you - LOL!!! I'm too soft - I couldn't have gone to look.

Giaellis2 said...

That is so sad!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Everyday Mom Ideas said...

Wow thats aweful. I just came back from vacation where we whent whale and dolphin watching. It was a fantastic thing to do. So seeing this just breaks my heart.