Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Heart Day!

Today for Valentine's Day we took the kids to see this and they loved it!

AVATAR Pictures, Images and Photos

Dave had seen it when it first came out and liked it so much that he wanted me to see it with him. So, one afternoon we went on a movie date. I really only went because Dave wanted me to and I had no great expectations. But Dave kept talking about how good it was and he was right. I LOVED IT!!! Can I say that again? I LOVED IT!!!!! He couldn't believe how much I loved it but it really is a great movie. After much talking and debate, we decided to take the kids. Dave remembers seeing Star Wars as a young boy and it is one of his favorite movies to this day. He thinks that Avatar might be "the Star Wars" to this generation. We'll see.

Here are Grace and Zachary waiting for the movie to start. It is a 2 1/2 hour movie and they had absolutely no trouble at all sitting still for that long because they were both glued to the movie screen. They were able to follow along and keep up with what was going on and they too loved it! After the movie was over, we surprised them by going to Toys R Us and stocking up on some Avatar toys. After all, if it is going to be "the Star Wars" for this generation, they've got to have the action figures to go along with it. Dave still has all of his little Star Wars figures.

After a very successful shopping trip, we went to dinner at our favorite sushi restaurant, Sake Asian Fusion, and had a delicious Valentine's Day dinner. We also gave Grace and Zach a Valentine Webkinz that we already had for them. I would say they definitely made out!



No comments: