Saturday, February 6, 2010

Gia's Birthday Party

Today is my friend Gia's birthday. She turns 35 years old today and last night several of us got together and went to Sake Asian Fusion for her birthday dinner. It was a horrible night to be out - pouring down rain - but we just grabbed presents and umbrellas and made a run f or it. Those of us who went were Gia, Renee, Jessica, Amber, Michele, Stacey, Stephanie, Karen, Karen's Mom, Jennie and myself. Sake Asian Fusion is a tiny little restaurant so we took up a large portion of it and had a very FUN time! Gia opened all of her presents in between ordering and getting our food and she got some AWESOME gifts - a zebra print dress from me that she really wanted, GORGEOUS jewelry made by Karen Holliday herself (you can check out her website here), a fabulous vintage print made by Stephanie(You can check out her website here), a very cute wine stopper, Lemoncello, some HOT shoes and a fun game. Miriam made her a DELICIOUS Death by Chocolate cake before she moved away and it was absolutely scrumptious! We were afraid that we were going to set the sprinklers off from all the smoke from the 35 candles that we put on the cake. We sang Happy Birthday and even some of the other people in the restaurant joined in on the singing. It was a great night!

Happy Birthday Gia! You are a dear friend.


Michele, me, Gia and Renee
Jessica and Amber
Gia with her present from me

This is one of the beautiful necklaces that Karen Holliday made!







Renee, me and Gia

Jessica, Gia, Amber and Michele
Amber and Michele
Everyone!

5 comments:

kelly manz said...

wow! looks like fun! so jealous i missed it :(

luv the whole typewriter thing going on! so cute!

Dear Matt said...

I had so much fun! I'm so glad that Gia's mom birthed her, so we could celebrate!!!!

Great pics BTW;)

***** said...

I'm so sad I couldn't join in the good times.
Thank you for the documentation of the fabulous night. I feel like I actually got to be there now! It looks like it was a blast! You are such a fun friend. Gia is so fun to celebrate with. It's about time the party was for her.

Jill said...

It was a blast! Kelly and Summer, sorry that you weren't able to be there with us but I am glad that so many were able to come!

Giaellis2 said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW THANKS JILLY BEAN! This is my FAV post on your blog :) My 35th was AMAZING cause of you guys! Dinner was delish and I had a BLAST! Thank you soooo much for my zebra dress! I LOVE IT! You will always be one of my BESTIES and I will miss you dearly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xoxoxo