I am so excited! Let me tell you why. Today after a busy morning of helping out at the school with the wax museum, I came home and I had just a little over an hour before I had to pick up the kids from school (early release day - yes, another one). I wanted to do day 3 of C25k but it was soooo cold outside and was actually drizzling and spitting snow when I got home and I was STARVING. So, I changed into some super comfy clothes and heated up a Lean Cuisine. While my food was microwaving, I sat down at the computer and thought I would just do a quick facebook check. The first status update I see was from a good friend of mine and it said "My
first award. I'm so happy!" and then there was a link to her blog which you can see here. So, of course I went over to her blog to read her post, which you can read here. Did you read it? Did you see that she had been awarded The Beautiful Blogger Award and then she went on to talk about me and how I am 'the one that started her on blogging' and am 'the reason she blogs' and she went so far as to say "So Jill - You are the Wind Beneath My Wings. And I pass on to you...'The Beautiful Blogger Award." Yes, that's right.... I have been awarded this....
This may not mean much to you but it does to me. I don't have many followers on my blog (14 to be exact and I think two of those are the same person) but that's okay. I do my blog for me and for our family. I do it so that my far away family and friends can stay updated on everything going on in our lives, the little things and the BIG things. I do it so that one day Grace and Zachary will have all of their childhood memories recorded in a big hardbound book (yes, I convert my blog to a book). I am not a person that blogs about profound things and insights or is so funny that you just want to keep coming back for more. I blog to record our lives. I hope that people read it and enjoy it. It does take allot of time and effort but to me, it's worth it. But even though I don't do it so that I can have this huge following, I am only human and I love hearing from someone that they read my blog or that they saw something we did on my blog. I love it when people leave comments because that lets me know that they are actually reading it.
I love reading other people's blogs, especially those of friends. It truly is such a great way to feel like you are a part of their lives! And to hear that I have inspired someone else to start and continue a blog, well, I'm honored.
And what an honor this is! Apparently only the cool bloggers get this and now, I am officially, wait for it.........
As I accept this award, I would like to thank my friend, Stacy, who nominated me. Thank you! I would also like to thank my friend, Kelly, who inspired me to start my own blog. Thanks Kelly!
Now according to the rules, I must reveal seven facts about myself and then pass the award on to seven other bloggers. When I read that, I thought, "Seven things about myself?" I am going to have a tough time doing that because even though I blog, I don't like to talk about myself but I'm going to give it a go so just bear with me. Here goes:
1. I want a tattoo. I've wanted one for years and years and have never been brave enough to do it. I still want one. I don't want anything too big or in a place where everyone could see it - just me and Dave and then you, IF I chose to show it to you. And I want it to be a cherry blossom. I don't know why; I just like them.
2. I am getting lots of grey hair. And they are thick and stiff and wiry and curly! Dave found about 10 in one spot a few nights ago when we were laying in bed. Am I going to have to start coloring my hair to cover the grey?
3. I hate to cook. I would eat out every meal if we could and would never even use my stove.
4. I want braces. I think I was supposed to have had braces as a child and we moved and it never happened. I've always been self conscious about the space between my front teeth (both top and bottom). When we lived in VA, I had a consult to see if I was a candidate for invisiline but I wasn't! According to that orthodontist my teeth were so screwed up that I needed the full fledge metal mouth! Should that be my 40th birthday present to myself?
5. I love to read and I love to take hot baths and read in the bathtub. Even though I absolutely love my house here on base housing, I can't wait till one day when we own our own home and I have a HUGE master bath with a BIG, DEEP tub. Ahhhh.........
6. I was once an avid scrapbooker and now I am an avid blogger but I still turn my blog into scrapbooks for my kids so that they will have a recording of all the important things (and the not so important things) from their childhood.
7. Speaking of kids and family, last but most definitely not least, is the fact that I am one of the luckiest persons on earth. I am married to a wonderful man who loves and cherishes me with all my faults and we have been blessed with two of the most beautiful, healthy children. I love you Dave, Grace and Zachary. You are my everything.
So, now I guess I am supposed to pass this award on to seven other bloggers.
1. Kelly because you inspired me to start my own blog.
2. Rob - I wouldn't say that your blog is beautiful but I do love your blog. You are funny, serious and I never know what to expect with you. I love following your blog.
3. Wendi because I want to encourage you to start blogging again and keep in touch with all of us back here on Lejeune who followed your blog and want to know what is happening in the Lopez household.
4. Sara Staker whom I don't know but I found her blog through a friend's friend blog and I spent one morning and read the entire thing. And bawled like a baby. She has an amazing story and truly experienced a miracle. If you have a chance, read her blog.
5. The Vintage Pearl because they give away free things!
6. Deanna because she says I am her "blog idol" (hee hee) and I love the fact that I can keep up with a friend whom I knew when we were stationed here the first time who now lives in HI and follow the lives of her beautiful family.
7. My niece Hannah, whom I am so proud that she started her own blog and I hope she sticks with it for a long long time.
So, congratulations to all my winners! I pass this Beautiful Blogger Award on to you!