Saturday, January 9, 2010

Cookie Rally

Grace and I had Girl Scout Cookie Rally last night with her troop and the rest of the Camp Lejeune/New River Girl Scouts. This was our troops "event" of the year so one parent had to stay and help out. Our job was the craft table which all we did were cut these TINY little pictures of boxes of Girl Scout cookies and then help the girls fold and glue/tape them to make a Girl Scout cookie box pin. It was tedious but luckily for us, Kristian's dad, Matt, was there and he kept us all entertained. He is one of the funniest persons that I have ever met and he had us laughing the entire time. The Girl Scout "head honcho" who I am just going to call "bangs" (if you saw her you would know why), kept giving us looks all night long. I think we were having way too much fun for her liking and I'm sure she probably had something to say about it to Erin, our troop leader. But what were we supposed to do? We were supposed to be there from 5 p.m until 10 p.m. (yes, you read that right), with NO DINNER, cutting out these itsy bitsy TINY little girl scout boxes. We had to make it a little fun.
And I think the girls had fun too! They made and decorated their signs for cookie booths, they learned the correct way to sell cookies and what NOT to do, they did skits and songs and made a FABULOUS craft of a TINY cookie box pin. And somehow, we managed to get everything done and were finished before 10 p.m. Yeah!!!!!!! And our troop has the BEST troop leader ever because she brought food for all of our girls so they wouldn't starve while we were there. Thanks Erin!

Troop 1727
Grace, Katie, Carly, Erin, Kristian, Paige and Ava

Acting goofy (oh yeah, they aren't acting)

The girls plus Madison

Each troop was supposed to make a "recipe" with a cookie. This "campfire" was made out of thin mints and looked awesome!

Matt Dillon (yes, his name is Matt Dillon)

Our girls making their cookie booth signs

Ava, Grace and Katie

Matt helping our troop with their Cookie Box pins
One of the songs they learned was "Bazooka Bubble Gum" and it goes like this,
My mom gave me a penny
She said to buy a henny
But I didn't buy no henny
Instead, I bought BUBBLE GUM
BAZOOKA, ZOOKA BUBBLE GUM
BAZOOKA, ZOOKA BUBBLE GUM.

My mom gave me a nickel
She said to buy a pickle
But I didn't buy no pickle
Instead, I bought BUBBLE GUM
BAZOOKA, ZOOKA BUBBLE GUM
BAZOOKA, ZOOKA BUBBLE GUM.

My mom gave me a dime
She said to buy a lime
But I didn't buy no lime
Instead , I bought BUBBLE GUM
BAZOOKA, ZOOKA BUBBLE GUM
BAZOOKA, ZOOKA BUBBLE GUM.

My mom gave me a quarter
She said to buy some water
But I didn't buy no water
Instead, I bought BUBBLE GUM
BAZOOKA, ZOOKA BUBBLE GUM
BAZOOKA, ZOOKA BUBBLE GUM.

My mom gave me a dollar
She said to buy a collar
But I didn't buy no collar
Instead, I bought BUBBLE GUM
BAZOOKA, ZOOKA BUBBLE GUM
BAZOOKA, ZOOKA BUBBLE GUM.

My mom gave me a five
She said to stay alive
But I didn't stay alive
Instead, I choked on BUBBLE GUM
BAZOOKA, ZOOKA BUBBLE GUM
BAZOOKA, ZOOKA BUBBLE GUM.
And here they all are, singing the song, doing the motions and.........
choking on the bubblegum!

5 comments:

canscrap4u2 said...

is that a boy in the picture? since when can boys be girlscouts? and I could've made that box cutting out thing so much easier with a die cut..and a lot more fun! sorry I don't live closer! and btw, I'd rather have any of that than bazooka bubble gum, it's only good for about 3 seconds then the sugar is gone! :)

Dear Matt said...

That campfire "cake" was awesome! I loved the Doritos, "fire". Awesome!!!

As I was reading the song, I was singing,"I found a dollar, I found dollar, I found a dollar, hay hay hay hay..", in my head. Its from the movie, The Little Rascals.

~Erin said...

We should probably say that the "boy" in the picture was one of our Scout brother and a Boy Scout who earned some Volunteer time by helping me out!

The girls and I did have a great tmie....but we always do!

The Lowe Family said...

i swear i already commented on this. do u ever do that? i prolly looked at it on my phone and felt like i was done but i didn't comment. it takes too long on my phone.

is it just me or are the words in this post getting smaller and smaller as the enbd of the post approaches?

i'm acting really weird tonight...i wonder what was in those brownies someone brought me...

Giaellis2 said...

LOL! BANGS! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA That was a FUN, albeit, LONGGGGGG night ;)