Tuesday, December 29, 2009

What I Got for Christmas

Well, it seems that I was doing most of the picture taking on Christmas morning so there are very few pictures of me opening presents. And what pictures there are, I look terrible with my bed-head and no makeup but I still wanted to share what I received. These were my main two presents from Dave and the kids:
Juicy Couture Couture Gift Set with Perfume, Shower Gel and Moisture Lotion ~ it smells sooooo good and I LOVE it!

AND............


Yep, that's right - a new camera! As everyone knows, I LOVE taking pictures. I like to have a camera with me wherever I go. I have a Sony that takes really good pictures but it's just too big to take with me everywhere. Then we have a little Sony that is VERY small but it doesn't take good pictures. I'm always disappointed in the pictures that we take with that camera. Then of course, there is Dave's HUGE Nikon D90 which takes FABULOUS pictures, but who wants to haul that around with them everywhere?

My friend, Gia, has this Nikon and she has been very happy with hers. We were in Best Buy one day and they had it on sale, so I whispered in Dave's ear that if he didn't know what to get me for Christmas and didn't want to get me more jewelry (which he didn't), that he could always get me a new camera. AND HE DID! AND HE PICKED PURPLE! I LOVE IT!

I'm still learning the ins and outs of it but I keep it in my purse and will ALWAYS have it with me now. These next few pictures were taken with my new cute little purple Nikon.

Dave serving up the DEEEELISH ham for Christmas dinner.

We had a yummy Christmas dinner of ham, turkey and dressing, sweet potato souffle, green bean casserole, green bean roll-ups and homemade cranberry sauce (which was good but didn't set up very well) and then pecan pie for dessert (thanks to my Mom). Thanks Mom! Mmmm Mmmmm Good!


Zach pouting because he got in trouble for something.

Playing with new Legos!



Grace and Zachary watched Harry Potter while I finished preparing dinner. Dave started watching it with them, but ended up like this.


Grace and Zachary trying to figure out Toy Story Maynia on the Wii.

We went to see the Princess and the Frog on Sunday afternoon and it was soooo good! This is Dave in the car on the way. We all loved the movie. It had a great story line and because it takes place in New Orleans, it was filled with great music.

Dave and I have been tossing around the idea of trading in the Tahoe for something that gets better gas mileage. I have been drooling over the Equinox for awhile now and our local dealership got one in exactly like I wanted. We went Monday and test drove it and I'm glad we did because I'm not drooling over it anymore. Neither Dave nor I were sold on it. We decided to go and look at the Volkswagen dealership to check out their cross-over SUVs. Neither of those were what we were looking for and then the salesman showed us a Routan, VW's mini-van. Dave and I both told him that we just were not mini-van people but we would take a look and we loved it! We loved the storage and cargo room room and all the amenities that you got for the money. You definitely got more for your money than on the Equinox. It doesn't get as good of mileage as the Equinox but it beats our Tahoe. Then we test drove it. I've never driven a mini-van before and will need to go and test drive a couple to compare but I was amazed. It felt like I was driving a car. Dave and I both loved the way it drove and the way it rode. And of course, Grace and Zachary loved it! We are going to do our research and look around but here is a picture of the Routan that I would REALLY like to have.


3 comments:

Willis Party of 6 said...

Looks like you guys had a great Christmas! Lego's must of been the big hit this year for boys.

Maybe the New Years elf will bring you your new vechile?

David M. Williams said...

We're another Williams family and we bought a Routan SEL in August. We absolutely love it. You get the good stuff of the Chrysler mini-van wit Volkswagen improvements to the interior, suspension, and appearance. My wife and I took or 17 year-old daughter, 13 year-old son, and 10 year-old daughter on a 7 hour trip to my parents and the kids remained civil during the trip!

See my site http://routanowner.blogspot.com formoreinfo on the Routan.

The Lowe Family said...

fancy! so is this post another "whisper in the ear" to dave to go and buy it for you? :)