Monday, December 14, 2009

Girls Only Holiday Get-Together

Sunday night I had a few friends over for a "Girls Only" holiday get-together. Everyone brought something to eat and for there to have only been six of us here, we had a spread! I also fixed Mexican Hot Chocolate which is delicious (and the recipe is below)! And of course we did a Dirty Santa gift exchange, although I think I was the only one to steal a present!

We ate, laughed, talked (very loudly at times), opened presents and had a great time. Thanks Gia, Stacy, Erin, Stacey and Renee for a fun night with friends!

Stacey Reynolds, me, Stacy Hamrick, Erin Smith and Renee Miles

Erin after a few glasses of wine. Stacy's husband, Jon, dropped them off and picked them up so they could have a good time!
So glad that Stacey had a babysitter so that she could come!

Best friends ~ Jill and Gia

I love my friends! And the saddest part is that 4 of the 5
are going to be moving next summer!

Good food, good wine, good friends and good laughs!

Stacy got to go first and she picked the gift that Gia brought which was a bottle of wine with a Christmas sweater on it, a fabulous wine glass and the most spectacular high heeled shoe wine stopper! And this just happened to be the gift that I stole and got to keep!



Gia and Renee

I can't remember what was going on here but we've got "loser" and backwards "loser". It was very funny at the time.

Stacy with her set of fabulous wine glasses!

Gia and her adorable "Celebrate" wine bottle "necklace"

I gave all of the girls little friendship Christmas ornaments.


Stacy Hamrick, Gia Ellis, me, Erin Smith, Renee Miles and Stacey Reynolds

Crazy girls!


Mexican Hot Chocolate
(4 servings)

3/4 C Water
1 Vanilla Bean (or 1 tsp of Vanilla extract)
3/4 C Sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 heaping TB of instant espresso
Pinch of Salt
2 1/2 oz of Bittersweet Chocolate
2 C Whole Milk
Vanilla Ice Cream (I use Vanilla Bean if using Vanilla Extract in recipe)
Chili Powder

Bring water to boil in saucepan. Split Vanilla Bean and add to water (or add Vanilla extract to water). Add in sugar, cinnamon, espresso and salt. Simmer for 1 minute and add chocolate. Whisk until thick. Add milk and simmer 1 minute. Serve with a dollop of ice cream and a sprinkle of chili powder.

Can be made ahead of time and stored. Just make sure to whisk it very well to make it all frothy again.

2 comments:

~Erin said...

Hmph......I had only had one glass of wine at that point! LOL!!!

Ellis Family said...

I LOVE these pics! I love that pic of us! Thank you for such a FUN night!!!!!!!!!!! I love my ornament and will think of you every X-mas when I hang it :) I'm sooooooooooooooo gonna miss you Jilly Bean!