Saturday, November 28, 2009

Totally Toes Pedicure Party


Ever since Grace went with her Girl Scout troop to Totally Toes, she has been saying that she wanted to have a pedicure party for her birthday. So today Grace and five of her best friends, Ava, Carly, Kristian, Katie and Maria, went to Totally Toes and had a Cotton Candy It Up Pedicure to celebrate Grace's 8th birthday.

Grace, being the birthday girl, went first. She got to sit in the big comfy pedicure chair and soak her feet in a warm cotton candy soak, then she had her nails shaped and her cuticles cared for. Next came a Cotton Candy oil massage on both her feet and arms to get ready for the foot Wax Dip which came next. And of course, they finished with the polish of their choice and polka dot nail art!

Ava and Grace waiting for the party to start.

Maria and Katie

Kristian and Carly

Grace with Carly's Mom, Mrs. Erin

Grace and me!

Getting ready to soak those feet!



Letting the wax dry from the wax dip

Carly's next!

Grace's Pretty Toes!

Ava, Carly and Kristian being silly after their wax dip

This was Katie's first pedicure! She liked it!

Maria, Katie and Kristian

Grace, Kristian and Carly letting their polish dry.

Making a wish!




Zach helped pass out the presents








You may wonder why I have these next two pictures of cupcakes. Well, I worked all morning long on baking cupcakes, making cream cheese icing from scratch, and painfully decorating each cupcake. I had them loaded up in a cupcake carrier that I had borrowed and as I was on my way out the door to go to the party, the bottom fell out of the carrier and the cupcakes hit the floor! I was left standing their with the handle and the top. As soon as Dave heard the noise, he knew what had happened and came rushing over where I was on my knees in tears. I felt so bad that I had ruined all of the pretty cupcakes for Grace's party and there was absolutely no time to make any more. About that time, Grace came back inside to see what was taking me so long and found us there with the cupcakes on the floor. Her mouth just fell open. We got them all picked up, I dried my tears and Dave promised to leave right after us to go to the store to get store-bought cupcakes and bring to the party. Grace was worried that he would forget but he didn't. He bought the prettiest cupcakes he could find and from the looks of it, all the girls enjoyed them and didn't know what they were missing. I took these pictures when we got home because I figured that one day we would look back on it and have a good laugh.



4 comments:

Giaellis2 said...

FAB Party! Ava had a blast! THANK YOU! I hopw Grace did as well and by the looks of the pics, it seems like she did! :) Your cupcakes were adorable, but you're right, the girls didn't know what they missed and the sore bought ones were soooooo cute too! Happy B-day Grace! :) Luv - G

The Lowe Family said...

that cupcake incident is totally something i would do. i love it. it makes me smile.

okay how do u and gia know of all the cute and fun bday places here in trashville?? i need the scoop ppl!!!!!

The Lowe Family said...

that cupcake incident is totally something i would do. i love it. it makes me smile.

okay how do u and gia know of all the cute and fun bday places here in trashville?? i need the scoop ppl!!!!!

Stacy said...

Okay! That is too funny! Your poor cupcakes. I know how much you hate to cook/bake so I bet you were just devastated!!!

BTW - is that MY cupcake carrier? LOL!