Friday, September 18, 2009

Look What I Won!


As many of you may know, my friend Gia, had a beautiful leather Dooney and Burke purse that she bought at the PX in December. She maybe used it for a month, if that and decided that it just was not her. She wanted to sell it but wasn't getting many offers so some girls gave her the idea to raffle it off to pay for SOME of Brownie's HUGE vet bill! Brownie is her dog that got hit by a car right before school started. The raffle started this past Tuesday and ended today at a Pampered Chef party that we were attending. Tickets were $1 each or 6 for $5. I bought $10 worth of tickets for my Mom, $10 worth for my sister, $10 worth for another friend and then $20 for me. When I was given my tickets I thought how easy it would be to say I won if one of the others that I had tickets for won. But I kept every one's separate and laid them all out where I was sitting when it came time to draw the winning ticket. Erin Smith shook up the bucket of tickets really really really good and then Charlene, who did not buy any tickets, pulled out the winning number 1630371 and there it was, right in the middle of my row of 24 tickets! I won fair and square! Here is my new gorgeous Dooney!


2 comments:

Giaellis2 said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm soooooooooo happy you won it and it's going to be LOVED! :)

The Lowe Family said...

yay!!! how awesome for you!