Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Lunch with Mom and Nana

Nana and I went and had lunch with Grace and Zachary this week. We had lunch with Grace on Monday and with Zach on Tuesday. When we got there on Monday, we were a few minutes early so Grace had not gotten down to the cafeteria yet and Zach's class was still there eating lunch. I went over and talked to Zach and as soon as he saw me, he started crying. It broke my heart! He had gotten upset earlier about the bus and he was also nervous about going through the line in the cafeteria. I talked to him and helped him eat some of his spaghetti and then it was time for him to go. He was trying his best to dry up his tears and to keep from crying which broke my heart even more!

The next day, we went and had lunch with him and I showed him how to walk through the line and get is fork and napkin and what to say to the lunch ladies. He ate a pretty good lunch that day and definitely enjoyed having both his Nana and me there with him. I'm hoping that the more he goes through the line and gets accustomed to things, the better he will do. I don't like it when my babies have a hard time!




No comments: