Sunday, July 19, 2009

No More Training Wheels!

Friday evening while Grace and I were out getting our manicures and pedicures, Dave took the training wheels off of Zachary's bike to teach him how to ride. I had told Dave when he got home from Africa that I thought it would be really easy to teach him because he balanced so well on his scooter that he got for his birthday and picked it up so quickly. And he did the same thing with his bike. Dave called me when we were on our way home and told me that he took off the very first time. When I got home, he was riding up and down the alley and loving it. He even said that it was sooo easy! That motivated Grace so she wanted to try again and she did a little better but still didn't catch on. Then, today when we got home from the pool Zachary wanted to ride his bike and a little friend of Grace's came over on her bike and that was all it took for Grace to gain the confidence that she needed and she learned how to ride her bike without training wheels too! Finally!!!!!! She needed a little help starting off but she finally figured that out. I am so proud of both of them.









1 comment:

Ellis Family said...

WOO HOO!!!!! Now on to drivers ed! lol