Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day and Maynia

Today was Mother's Day and we started off the day by Dave calling first thing this morning to wish me a Happy Mother's Day. We talked for quite a long time and Grace and Zachary both talked to him as well. I made the kids pancakes for breakfast and then this afternoon took them to Maynia. Maynia is a carnival/festival that is held every year here at Camp Lejeune. We met our friends, Gia, Jacole and Renee and all of their kids there and rode a few rides. It was hot and crowded and not nearly as much fun as I remember it being but Grace and Zachary seemed to enjoy it. After cooling off with a very large fresh squeezed lemonade, I told the kids that if they would leave, we would go home and I would set up the sprinkler for them and let them play. And that is all I had to say and they were ready to go!



So, we went home, put on their swimsuits, set up the sprinkler and they ran through it and then ended up putting it underneath the trampoline. Ellis, Olivia, Maddi and Jake came over and they all had a great time!







No comments: