Friday, May 15, 2009

JPS Volunteer Appreciation

This morning the JPS staff had a volunteer appreciation for the PTA and all the parent volunteers. Ms. Venters went above and beyond in organizing this and getting so many of the kids involved. Grace was a roving reporter with the "JPS News" and she did a fantastic job! I knew that they were doing a skit but I didn't know what it was about or help her with her speaking party. She got Maddi to go over her lines with her and then Ms. Venters worked with the students every day. I was so proud of her! Ms. Perry, the principal and Mrs. Steimel, the vice principal, presented all the PTA board members with a bouquet of flowers and said something about each of us. It's nice to feel appreciated!







Grace completely surprised me and caught me off guard by
coming to me and asking me why I liked to volunteer at the school.
I had no idea she was going to do that!




Grace with Jacole


Grace asking Mrs. Perry why she liked to work at the school.




PTA Board
Wendi Lopez, Cathy Hale, me, Shelby Ford, Renee Miles,
Stacey Reynolds and Autumn Hoskins

Wendi and me


1 comment:

Wendi said...

Best PTA board to ever walk the face of the Earth. Ever.
Really gonna miss each one of you so much!!