Friday, April 24, 2009

It's Here!


It's finally here! I found out through a friend and fellow blogger (thanks Cherie!) about a website called Blurb, where you can convert your blog into a book. It will actually "slurp" (that's the word they use) your blog into a book and then you can go in and edit and make any adjustments that you want to. I have been a scrapbooker for many years but have really fallen behind in the last couple of years. And when I heard about Blurb.com, I thought what a great way to preserve those memories. So, I started working on our book a few months ago. I completed it one day last week, uploaded it, ordered it and it came today! I am so pleased with the results. It is a hard back book that is 350 pages long and it covers all of 2008 and a bit of 2007.






8 comments:

Name: The Bryant Family said...

I LOVE IT!!! We've been doing books similar to these for our trips form when we were in Italy. We've been using Shutterfly. But I love your blurb book. I might try one for the blog I did when we were in China for Wren.

Wendi said...

LOVE IT!! Can't wait to get one of my own!

Wendi said...

LOVE IT Jill!! Can't wait to get one of my own!

Gia said...

I LOVE it! Have to do it! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Rob said...

That is great! I need to get one of my blog.

Cherie said...

Wow Jill!!
It turned out awesome!! I am glad it worked for you, I have been hearing that Blurb wasn't working anymore, so I am relieved to see it still does. How did you get the cute backgrounds on your pages? Do they offer that? It looks wonderful! I need to start working on my next book already! I still can't put the first book down. I love to look through it and see how much the kids have changed in the last year.

canscrap4u2 said...

ok, spill the beans...for us prospectives..how much?

Jill said...

Cherie, the backgrounds are on the booksmart layout and Kelly, the price was not bad at all, I didn't think. I picked the biggest book with the most expensive binding (hard cover with image wrap). It was 350 pages for $160.00