Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Making Christmas Cookies


It was a tradition when Dave was growing up to make Christmas cookies. His Mom even gave me all of her cookie cutters when we first got married. For years, I didn't make cookies. Then about 2 or 3 years ago, I decided to pick up the tradition and try to carry it on with Grace and Zachary. I knew that this year I was going to be short on time so I cheated and bought the Gingerbread cookie dough and the sugar cookie dough and this afternoon, Grace, Zachary, Beverly and I made Christmas cookies. The dough definitely cut down on the prep time! I'm sure they are not as good as homemade but the kids had a great time rolling them out, sprinkling the flour and pressing the cookie cutters down. We made gingerbread men, snowmen, santas, stars, bells and Christmas trees. They turned out pretty cute.

No comments: