Friday, December 5, 2008

Magic Kingdom

After all the opening of birthday presents, we took our time about getting ready and heading out to Magic Kingdom. We had tickets to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party tonight which lasted until midnight so we knew that we didn't want to get there too early or we would never last all day.

We got to the park shortly after noon and immediately headed to Tomorrowland where we rode
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. I didn't realize that Mom and Kerry didn't know what you were supposed to do so the ride was practically over when they realized that they were supposed to be shooting at the X's. Amazingly, there was no line so we decided to ride it again. Nana, Paw, Grace, Zachary and I rode the Tomorrowland® Transit Authority while Kerry, Dave, Hannah and Allie rode Space Mountain. We all did the Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress which I don't remember doing before and it was actually really interesting. Next, we rode Tomorrowland® Indy Speedway. Nana and Zachary were in one car with Zachary driving, Hannah and Grace in another with Hannah driving, Allie and Kerry were together, Paw was by himself and then Dave and I were in one car. Nana and Zach were hilarious because he couldn't see over the steering wheel to know which way to go. Dave was steering our car but I was doing the gas and we were right behind Paw. I would gently tap him in the rear on purpose but then I came up on him too fast and really slammed into the back of him. I felt so bad but it was funny at the same time. It's a good thing that we didn't do it in front of a cast member or we would have gotten chastised.



We rode the Mad Tea Party next and Kerry and Daddy (Paw) both were a little nauseous from all the spinning so we decided to take a break and have dinner. It was dark by the time we were finishing up dinner and almost time for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. The best thing about having tickets for these kind of special events are the lack of lines for the rides. The kids were dying to ride Splash Mountain. Everyone asked if you got wet on it and I told them that when we rode it back in February that I got sprinkled with a few drops of water but that was it. We should have noticed that we were the ONLY people getting on the ride. Dave, Zachary and I were placed on the front row, Kerry and Hannah on the 2nd, Grace and Allie on the 3rd and Nana and Paw on the last row. Well, evidently when I rode it last February I was on either the 3rd or 4th row because those are the only two rows that "you just get sprinkled on"! I got drenched! Luckily I had my down vest on, but my hair got wet, my vest got wet and the top half of my jeans got soaked. Yep, I walked around with wet pants for the rest of the night. Dave and Kerry got a little wet too but most everyone else stayed dry. The kids all begged to stay on and ride again but Nana and Paw didn't want to tempt fate twice so they got off and we all rode and of course, we got wet again. Who cares though? It was worth it because the kids had so much fun. They absolutely loved it! Next we headed over to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and it was so much fun. Grace and Zachary just laughed and screamed and laughed and screamed. Every time we would go up a hill, Zachary would yell out "raise your arms!" and we would all have to raise our arms up in the air. It was adorable!


Pirates of the Caribbean was our next ride and even though Zachary had ridden it every other time that we've been to Disney, he refused to get on either it or The Haunted Mansion. I think it was because of the ghosts in Tower of Terror; he was terrorized. So, while the rest of the family rode those, Zachary and I looked in a couple of shops and then Nana sat out with Zachary so the rest of us could ride and he fell sound asleep while we were on the road. When we came off of Pirates of the Caribbean, there was a group of "pirates" singing "pirate" Christmas carols and they were great! I thought at the last minute to take a video of them. I wish I had done it sooner but here it is.
video
The rest of the night was spent watching Mickey's Once Upon A Christmastime Parade, Holiday Wishes fireworks, Celebrate the Season Show where the castle lights looked like ice and Mickey's PhilharMagic which is a phenomenal 3-D show. It was a great ending to a great day!

No comments: