Thursday, December 4, 2008

A Birthday Letter to Grace

Grace, I cannot believe that you are turning 7 years old today. As I sit here and think back to the day you were born, there is a part of me that feels like it was just yesterday and then another part feels like it was a lifetime ago. I loved you from the very beginning. I remember the first time I felt you move; it felt like butterflies tickling my belly. We shared private moments that no one else could take part in. A mother/daughter bond was created even before we laid eyes on one another.


When they placed you in my arms, I looked down at your angelic face with those rosebud lips and thanked God. As you grow and experience life, I want you to remember who you are and where you come from. Remember that you are strong and you can accomplish anything no matter how long the roads to your goals look. Nothing is impossible. Always have faith and stay true to yourself. Be confident and take pride in who you are but also stay level headed. Remember that everyone is different and different is beautiful. You will realize that beauty will get you many things but always remember that the inner beauty you hold within is the most powerful and what will make you the most beautiful. Be kind and compassionate. Not only to everything and everyone around you, but also to yourself.


Enjoy being a child and laugh. Oh, do laugh! Your deep hearty laugh is just one of the many things I love so much about you. The room lights up when you laugh and my heart sings. Laugh with your friends, laugh at the world, and laugh at yourself.


Dream big. Dream colorful. Dream magic. Dream beyond the stars. Everything big starts as something small. There is nothing that you can't do and there is no dream too big.


You are my sweet, sassy wonderful daughter whom I cherish with all of my heart. God blessed our lives the day that you were born and I'm so glad that He chose me to be your Momma.


I love you Grace.

No comments: