Friday, August 8, 2008

Balance

I recently read on a friend's blog about her struggles with balance in her life. She wants to be organized and to have a clean house but with a husband and 2 kids, it's hard to do. As I was reading her blog, I thought to myself, "wait, she is writing about me". Before kids, I was the most organized person. I never missed a person's birthday, anniversary, etc..., never paid a bill late, kept a clean house and still enjoyed life. Now, there just seems to not be enough time in the day to do all the things I want and need to do. Dave told me awhile back that I wasn't managing my time well. Needless to say, that didn't set too well with me. It is hard to do everything that needs to be done. I want to play with Grace and Zachary, really play and do creative fun things. I want to read to them and create stories and books like Grace loves to do. I also want to organize my pictures, scrapbook, update my blog and organize my music on itunes. I need (and kind of want) to find time to exercise to lose this weight that I am still carrying from having babies. They are not babies anymore and I shouldn't still have "baby weight"! I need to do the laundry, empty out the dishwasher, go buy groceries, cook dinner, vacuum the floors and clean the toilets. (It amazes me how dirty the toilets get with a 4 year old boy.)

Where do I find the balance of what I want to do with the kids, what I want to do for myself and what I need to do in the house? By the way, I'm one of those person's that a clean house makes me happy.

I told my friend that if she ever figured out how to find the balance to let me know because I needed help in that department as well.

2 comments:

canscrap4u2 said...

ditto.

Miller Fam said...

A good friend told me once...
"You can have it all, just not all at once." AMEN sister!