Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Cooking with Nana


My Mom is a wonderful cook. She really always has been. This is not something that I have inherited from her. You can ask Dave. He can vouch for that. I think maybe one of the reasons that I'm not as good as a cook as she is because anytime I have ever watched her cook, she just does it without using a recipe. She seems to cook better when she doesn't use a recipe. I just don't get that. I have to have a recipe.

Anyway, my Mom has learned how to bake the most delicious bread pudding. I'm not sure if she uses a recipe or not. If not, I just hope she will write it down as she is baking it so I might have the hopes of being able to make it one day. If you have ever eaten at Norma's in Pensacola, you know that they have the best bread pudding that you have ever had. I never thought that I would have any that was any better. But let me tell you, my Mom can make bread pudding that is just as good if not better than Norma's. It is absolutely delicious. And to think that Grace helped her make it, well.......wow!

No comments: