Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Zachary is 4 Years Old!

Today is Zachary's birthday. He is now 4 years old and I can't believe it. It seems just like yesterday that at 2:00 a.m. on June 10th, I went into labor and Dave, Grace and I all headed to the Naval Hospital in Pensacola. We called my parents as were leaving and they got in their car and started the 5 1/2 hour drive our way. Grace was so well behaved and such a trooper in the hospital until they got there and could look after her. Zachary was born at 11:24 a.m. on June 10th weighing 8 lbs 12.6 oz. and was 21 1/2 inches long. I couldn't believe how big he was when they gave him to me. But it was love at first sight. He was the most beautiful baby boy that I had ever seen and to this day, he is still adorable. He was such a good baby and so different from Grace from the very get go. He was all boy and still is. But he is also very kind and so lovable. He has brought so much joy to our lives and has made our family complete. Each day is an adventure with him and even though he frustrates me and tries me and pushes me to the limit on everything, I look forward to waking up every day and hear him call out "Mama". I love to snuggle him first thing in the morning and feel his soft skin and nuzzle those chubby little cheeks of his.



So, even though he has turned 4 today and is growing up and becoming such a big boy, he will always be my baby.

No comments: