Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day


Okay, I'm terrible. I've known for weeks now when Father's Day was. I've had Dave's card from both me and the kids for awhile now and I've even had one for my Father for awhile. But did I get my Father's in the mail? No. Did I get him a present in the mail? No. I told him that I had no excuse but he said that I had plenty of excuses, meaning that I lead a pretty busy life with 2 kids. But still. Too busy to get cards in the mail? Then there is Dave's Dad. I leave it to Dave to get cards for his parents that are from him but I usually always get them one from the kids. Did we send Papa (Dave's Dad) a Father's Day card from Grace and Zachary? No. Do we have an excuse? No. I tell everyone that before I had kids, I was so good at sending people cards and gifts and being thoughtful and getting them to them on time. And I don't know what happened. It's like pregnancy sucked out all my brain cells and I never regained them. I have a magnet on my refrigerator that pretty much sums it up. It says, "I once had a mind. Now I have small children."


Dave got a new soccer ball for Father's Day, so we went down to the
soccer field and let he and the kids kick it around for a bit.







No comments: