Saturday, May 10, 2008

Daisy Camporee


Grace had her first camping trip with her Daisy Troop last Saturday at Camp Brewster here on base. I dropped her off early that morning and got her settled and then I left. They had a very busy but fun day. The first thing they did was go canoeing. Grace was very nervous about that at first because she had never been but it turned out to be one of her favorite things they did. They also went on a treasure hunt as the entire camping trip had a pirate theme. They also did crafts, "walked the plank" and archery, which evidently Grace was very good at. The Moms met the girls back at their campsite at about 6:45 to head over to the bonfire. We sat around and all the girls sang campfire songs then of course we roasted marshmallows and ate smores. Yummy! After the bonfire, we settled the girls down, got into our PJs and went to sleep. I must admit, this was my first time camping or to sleep in a tent and I'm not a camper. My idea of camping is staying at the Motel 6. But I did it for Grace and of course, I will do it again.

2 comments:

Name: The Bryant Family said...

Camping comes in handy when you are trying to take a trip economically but I must have clean bathrooms, a hot shower, and not be too hot or cold. :-)

canscrap4u2 said...

With all the pirate scrapbook stuff on the market, you should have fun scrapping these. Also, Michaels has Girl Scout and Brownie paper packs over by the Anna Griffin stuff.