Monday, April 7, 2008

The Prayers of Innocent Children

Over the past couple of months, I've started doing something new with Grace and Zachary at bedtime. Ever since Dave has been home, he has been reading the bedtime story to them and when he is finished I go in and lay with them and sing lullaby's. But before I sing, we have been saying our prayers. It is so sweet to hear to hear these little voices with their eyes closed and their hands folded together, saying "Dear God, thank you for..." There is always a wide range of things that they thank God for but they always thank God for their Mom, Dad and either their brother or sister. Here lately they have even gotten to where they are thanking God for friends and calling them by name. Some nights I am so tired that I just want to go right in to lullaby's but one of them, and it's usually Zachary, will always say, "Mom, we have to say our prayers". And how can I say no to that?

No comments: