Saturday, January 5, 2008

It's now a new year as I am sitting here writing this and I can't believe it. It doesn't seem like it has been almost 3 weeks since I last wrote but it has. Grace's Christmas program has come and gone. Papa has come and gone. My Dad came and did get here in time to see her program and then we left for AL the very next morning. Christmas was nice. It was a busy time and there was work involved, but I was able to spend a lot of good quality time with my family. My parents were moving in to a new house over the holidays and my Mom broke her arm a few weeks ago so she was not able to do very much. My sister and her family came over and she and I unpacked and put things away while the kids all played together. It had been a long time since she and I had spent very much time together and it was really nice. We talked allot and laughed allot. We also listened to Elvis music and watched a few Elvis documentaries. Kerry is what most people would call obsessed about Elvis. It started a couple of years ago I guess when she and her family visited Graceland and she had allot of unanswered questions so she started reading books and just became fascinated with everything Elvis. We grew up liking Elvis. My Mom was a huge Elvis fan, I had an uncle that served with him in the Army, I graduated from high school 30 minutes from Tupelo, MS which was his birthplace and grew up about an hour and a half from Memphis. I remember when he died and watching the funeral and all the mourners on TV. I had not quite turned 7 years old. So, we were always Elvis fans but more so now than ever. Kerry loaned me a book while I was there about June Juanico who was his first love and it was such a good book, I couldn't lay it down. It made me want to know more and find out more about him so then we watched a DVD about their relationship and while we were unpacking at my parents, we watched "Elvis That's the Way It Is", which was so fascinating. He led a very interesting life, was so talented, had an amazing voice, and the most gorgeous eyes and mouth I've ever seen. I told Dave that I had been bitten by the Elvis bug and he said "Oh no" but I promised him that I would not become quite as obsessed as my sister has and he just laughed and said Okay.

1 comment:

Name: The Bryant Family said...

I also find Elvis fascinating and my mom and dad like him too. I gave my dad an elvis cd last year for christmas and he loved it b/c he doesn't have many cds.