Thursday, December 13, 2007

Such a Busy Time of Year

Wow, I can't believe Christmas is almost here. I was doing so good. I started my Christmas shopping really early and was almost done by Thanksgiving. I actually put up our Christmas tree and all the decorations the weekend before Thanksgiving so that they would be up when we returned home from spending Thanksgiving in VA. It was not easy doing it all by myself. Normally, Dave sets up the tree and I decorate it but this year I did it all. My neighbor, whose husband is also in Iraq, could not believe that I was going to put up the tree and decorate since Dave is not home and since we are not going to be here on Christmas day. But how could we not? I mean, it's Christmas! Dave normally hangs lights outside and I decorate with greenery and bows and at first I said that I wasn't going to do anything on the outside this year but I did. No lights. No way was I climbing up on a ladder to hang icicle lights but I did put up wreaths on all the first floor windows and some greenery and bows. So even though I got a really early start, it seems that the first couple of weeks of December have just flown by and I'm not ready! Grace is in a Christmas Program at school called "The Littlest Reindeer" and her dress rehearsal is this afternoon. Then tomorrow Papa (Dave's Dad) is flying in for the weekend and will be here until Monday. On Monday Grace has two performances of her program at school. We will all go to the first one that morning then I have to get Papa to the airport. On Tuesday, Grace has her class party which I am helping with that afternoon and then that night at 6:30 is the performance of "The Littlest Reindeer" for all the parents. My Dad will be getting in from Alabama sometime Tuesday (hopefully before the play) and then we are all leaving on Wednesday morning to go to Alabama for the holidays. So, even though my shopping is all done I still feel like I have a million things to do before next Wednesday. Whew! I've just got to remind myself to slow down, take a deep breath, relax and enjoy everything. Christmas is truly my favorite time of the year. I love all the decorations and lights and wrapping presents. I love Santa Claus and Snowmen and I love what Christmas is really all about - the birth of Jesus. So, as I'm finishing this, instead of rushing off to do something, I think I am going to go and sit in the living room with Zachary and my cup off coffee and just relax while watching the lights on the tree. At least for a few minutes - then I've got to rush and get ready to go up to Grace's school to have their "Winter Feast" lunch with her.

2 comments:

cnapoleon said...

Hi Jill,
It looks like we will be in Hampton for another year or so. I don't know if that is good or bad.:) Kalani seperated from the AF and was offered a job here in Hampton with a Business Counsulting company. They move around according to what projects they have so it we should only be in this project for about another year. It is a great company! Your family has grown so much in the short time it has been since we have seen you last. I hope your husband is doing ok? Glad to have caught up with your family. Have a Merry Christmas!!

Name: The Bryant Family said...

Busy, busy, busy! I wish I was going to be in AL for your Christmas visit. Maybe the next visit...